Rdio Developer Blog
We've updated the Web Service API to improve some methods and expose some new data. Here's a brief summary of the changes:
- addToPlaylist and removeFromPlaylist now return the playlist on success or null on failure rather than true/false. They also now take an extras argument to specify which playlist fields are desired.
- userFollowers and userFollowing now take a new inCommon argument - a user to filter the results by. For example if I call userFollowing(user='s1', inCommon='s13') then I will get the users that user 's1' follows that 's13' also follows.
- New methods getAlbumsForLabel and getArtistsForLabel return the albums and artists for a particular label.
- Album objects now have an optional label field that describes the label.
- searchSuggestions now takes an optional types argument to indicate which types search.
- getActivityStream now takes a count argument
- getObjectFromUrl now supports short-code urls (ie: http://rd.io/x/...)