Welcome to the Rdio API
With the Rdio API, there’s finally an easy and legal way to access and play music across the web and mobile devices.
We’ve created the API to enable you and other clever people to invent great new ways for people to discover, collect, share and play music.
How to get started
- Register for a Mashery account. This account is separate from your Rdio account and is used just for accessing our API.
- Apply for an API key.
- You need to include links to Rdio (if you want to earn affiliate revenue for this, please see the documentation for more info).
- You should not design or name your app so it creates the impression that Rdio built it or is actively endorsing it.
- Think up a great name for your app, and if you want to include a reference Rdio, do it in one of the following ways:
- “XYZ works with Rdio®”
- “XYZ uses Rdio®”
- “XYZ for Rdio®”
- “XYZ powered by Rdio®”
- You can use the Rdio logo in place of the word, if you follow the guidelines (summary of the guidelines: Do not under any circumstances alter or change or manipulate the logo in any way whatsoever).
- Download the logo from our documentation pages.
- When writing our name in a normal sentence, “Rdio” is always spelled with a capital ‘R’.
Stay in touch